Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Singles News

As of last week, I was notified that it may take longer for singles to get referrals and have court dates scheduled. There, I've written it. The director informed us that adopting from Ethiopia as a single is riskier than ever. I am still hopeful to complete my second adoption from Ethiopia.

I have let the news settle in my mind the last few days. I am not #16 on the list anymore, I am some unknown number on a singles list and the timeline is unknown for now. I am hoping to have more positive news in the future or atleast know more about the unknowns.

I am trying to stay positive. Mostly successfully, but this IS on my mind.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Beth,
I will pray for you regarding this!!!

Becky said...

Beth,
I am praying for you! This is the scariest part of the process, but please remember that you are a great mom and we serve a Great GOD! You will constantly be in our prayers for strength, answers, and peace.
We love you tons and tons!

Amy said...

So sorry to hear this news. You're in our thoughts and prayers!! God is good and answers prayer! Miss you and wish I could see you and Levi soon.

HollyMarie said...

Beth, this is really difficult news to hear. Especially when I know of so many amazing single mamas, you included. I wish it seemed more fair. I wish you knew that you were still number 17 and moving up. I'm praying for you and Levi and for the next child that our Father already knows will be a part of your family.

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I know this is so heart-wrenching to hear, but if there is one thing I am learning throughout this whole process is faith in our AMAZING GOD! He has clearly called you to be mom & you are an awesome one at that! She is already chosen just for you & He will guide the path that brings you together! We are all here to lift you up in prayer & in person...we love you guys!