Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's Time

I think it is time to write about the latest adoption development. I have gone through the emotions of denial (which felt more like being stunned), anger, panic, and a few others. I can't say that I have found any pleasant emotions yet. One night this week, I woke up at 2:30 am and didn't fall back to sleep until 4.

It was announced this week that adoptive parents will need to take two trips to Ethiopia to bring their children home. One of my trips will be for the court date and one will be for the embassy date and to take my daughter home. Why the panic? It means twice the cost for traveling, leaving Levi twice, and finding someone to travel with twice or going on my own. It also means going through jet lag, culture shock, and the unknowns of traveling twice. And maybe one of the hardest, I will get to meet my daughter and then have to go back home without her for a couple of months.

I am trying to keep in perspective. I am still able to adopt from Ethiopia. I will get to see my daughter and hold her for a week on the first trip. That will be a treasure. When she comes home, she will immediately be a citizen. (I'm still waiting on the paperwork that declares Levi a citizen.)

I know that God sees it all, what is and what is coming. I am trying to trust Him.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh Beth, I am right there with you. It completely rocked our world and threw me into a tailspin of worry, doubt, and fear! Just know that I am thinking of you and share the same concerns. ((hugs)) Let's hope we get some clarification really soon.

Angela