Saturday, July 10, 2010

It Could Be Worse...

It Could Be Better.

It was a dark week. The sky was bright, the sun was shining, but it felt gloomy after the fun of the holiday weekend. The number of embassy dates in Ethiopia has been cut in half. That is the only thing that is keeping me from bringing Elaina home, our embassy date. It sounds like the embassy dates will be restored sometime in August, but it puts us back at least a month, so I will most likely be traveling in September instead of August. I feel like we have been already waited too long. It is difficult to know that I am missing weeks and months of my daughter's life, and she is still in an orphanage instead of home with Levi and me. It has been hard not to dwell on this during the week, but I am hoping to be back in the fun of the summer soon.

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

This is so tough Beth! Especially after such a speedy travel call w/ Levi's process. Praying for you and sweet little Elaina!

Angela said...

(((hugs))) Thinking of you and cannot wait to hear news of your travel call!!!